Deputy Hospitality Manager
The South Ormsby Estate have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionateDeputy Hospitality Managerto deliver catering services at a calendar of high profile events across the UK each year.
Job Title: Deputy Hospitality Manager
Location: South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 Wednesday-Sunday (flexible working)
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000 acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy.
Some of the estate’s most successful ventures include their ‘Massingberd-Mundy’ branded produce which include their Beef (steak boxes, beef sausages and smoked beef), Cheese and Gin.
The custodian of the estate has a number of other business ventures including an ever increasing involvement in British Super Bike racing (BSB) and CoolFab racing (youth racing linked to BSB teams). As a part of these racing events throughout the year, hospitality is provided to both the public and corporate clientele. This hospitality includes show casing some of the Massingberd-Mundy produce including hot smoked beef sandwiches.
As ourDeputy Hospitality Manager, you will represent a heritage brand of our historic estate in the heart of the Lincolnshire Wolds, showcasing our products (such as our Lincoln Red Beef and our own craft gin) on a national stage. You will be a key figure within the interaction with guests and VIP’s to ensure that they have an enjoyable experience. You will ensure food and beverages are served to the correct quality and standards.
The Deputy Hospitality Manager will take charge and run the hospitality unit and manage the staff when the Commercial Events Manager is not on site. They will direct other employees through their responsibilities and their daily routines required.
The hospitality unit will be situated at various venues around the UK for BSB and CoolFab racing, you will be required to attend all venues/events in the racing calendar from a Wednesday until a Sunday.
Deputy Hospitality Manager - Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the commercial events manager and other catering staff to deliver all catering services throughout the race weekend.
- Leading the front of house team.
- Maintaining full awareness of menu content, service procedures and any other relevant information.
- Resetting tables, tidying work areas and preparing the food service areas for the next service.
- Ensuring full compliance with all relevant policy and legislation alongside the Commercial Events Manager.
- Maintaining excellent standards of service and food quality at all times.
- A positive and motivational person, you will be passionate about delivering catering services that exceed customer expectations. You will be a dynamic and flexible operator, with a proven track record of operating and aligning the business with customer needs and driving continuous improvement of the team to ensure the provision of first class catering services which exceed customer expectation.
- You will be an experienced people manager, who can coach and develop the team to achieve their potential. Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ensuring all areas of your responsibility are fully compliant with health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Hold current health, hygiene, risk assessment and health and safety qualifications.
- Clean, tidy and well presented at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has an interest in Catering and a passion for Lincolnshire produce and locally sourced ingredients. If you are interested in hearing more about this Deputy Hospitality Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ to send us your CV.
- People Management