General Farm Worker Working with Poultry
The South Ormsby Estate are looking for aGeneral Farm Worker Working with Poultry to be involved with our poultry production to a high standard.
Job Title –General Farm Worker Working with Poultry
Location – South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary – £10.15 per hour – 39 hours per week
Benefits – Possibility of accommodation available
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000 acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy. Building upon a historic past and using the latest technology their vision is to create the best place to invest, work, live, play and retire to.
At South Ormsby Estate we have a pedigree herd of 400+ Original Population Lincoln Red cows, which are on the Rare Breeds Survival Trusts vulnerable list, with only 400 cows in the UK. We are undergoing organic conversion, accredited Pasture for Life and very biodiversity conscious.
General Farm Worker Working with Poultry - The Role:
We are looking to recruit someone with a passion and interest in poultry to take care of our expanding poultry department. This role could also include supervision of other animals in our care.
General Farm Worker Working with Poultry – Key Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a high standard for all poultry
- Ensuring that the livestock has ready access to fresh water, are free from pain/injury/disease
- To observe all hygiene rules, this includes personal hygiene, hand washing and the wearing of all protective clothing
- Make sure all poultry is let out of their houses during the day and securely locked up on an evening.
- Moving of poultry housing to a new location every other day
- Strim the grass around the electric fence to enable it to continue working
- Move the fenced paddock every month to new ground
- Keep up to date records of all poultry
- Changing leg tags when appropriate
- Maintain house hygiene, dusting, light fitment cleaning, sweeping and mucking out
- Adhere to all Farm Health and Safety rules and procedures
- Other tasks as instructed by the Line Manager
General Farm WorkerWorking with Poultry –Skills & Experience required:
- Flexible with working hours
- Likes working with animals ideally chickens, with a focus on their health, welfare and production
- Keen to learn how to operate farm machinery and equipment, plus driving truck, tractor, trailer
- Ability to priorities tasks and problem solve
- Be able to work individually under minimal supervision as well as working as a part of a team
- Excellent time keeping and a positive attitude to work
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills and training
- Have access to own transport due to the location
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a background in farming with livestock experience and genuine love of animals.
To submit your CV for this exciting General Farm Worker Working with Poultry opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!