The South Ormsby Estate have an excellent opportunity for a Hall Steward based in South Ormsby, Lincolnshire.
Job Title:Hall Steward
Location: South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary: £10ph + Accommodation
Working hours: 24/7 Security cover required plus 2 short shifts throughout the day, 7 days per week
Urgent Requirement – Immediate Start
Holiday entitlement: 20 days and 8 statutory
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy. Building upon a historic past, their vision is to create the best place to invest, work, live, play and retire to and the best farming estate in the world!
Do you have a hands on approach to maintenance, security and health and safety? Do you want to work in a historic building in a beautiful and peaceful rural setting, with the opportunity to make an impact on its restoration? Working alongside the housekeeper you will form part of the domestic staff and be responsible for the security of this historic estate and the properties within the grounds.
Hall Steward- The Role:
The South Ormsby Estate is looking for a Hall Steward, to focus on the maintenance, security and health & safety of a Grade II listed property and its grounds. This is a long-term position that requires a flexible, responsive and high-quality approach. There will be frequent communication with the owner of the property to report back on the condition of the property and the grounds.
A proactive approach to security is required ensuring the property is locked up and properly secured every day.
As part of this role you will work alongside third-party and internal staff, to provide a general caretaking and gardening service and any maintenance/small repair work that may be required. This is a varied opportunity and thorough training with be provided. You would be required to be on call 24 hours a day but having time off in the day whilst remaining on call.
Hall Steward- Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain health & safety and good fire precautions at the hall
- Report any deficiencies within the hall or its grounds
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Housekeeper, Gardener, Pest Control, Woodsperson, Plumber, Electrician, Lock Smith, Painter and Joiner for ongoing hall maintenance and repairs
- Open up the house daily and also lock up
- Carry out risk assessments
Hall Steward- Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate should have experience in maintenance with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- You must also have the ability to multitask and possess the physical capability to engage in manual labour
- SIA security license desirable but not essential
- No criminal convinctions with a track record of checkable work history and references
- This person should be self-motivated and enthusiastic and capable of working alone, whilst prioritising their workload.
- Whilst no specific qualifications are required a background in the military, police / law enforcement, construction, building, maintenance or engineering would be an advantage
- A full, valid driving licence is required
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves the outdoors and enjoys ‘the quiet life’, working as part of a small team in a beautiful and peaceful rural setting.
To submit your CV for thisHall Stewardopportunity, please click “Apply” now.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Keywords: Caretaker , Cleaner , Facilities Person , Facilities Officer , Maintenance Person , Grounds Person , Handyman , Site Supervisor , Butler , Military , Police , Security Guard , Live-In Staff , Hall Steward
- + Accommodation