South Ormsby Estate have an excellent opportunity for a Hall Stewardbased in South Ormsby, Lincolnshire.
Job Title:Hall Steward
Location: South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary: £20,000 + Accommodation + Heating supplied
Working hours: 24/7 Security cover required plus 2 shifts throughout the day, 7 days per week
Holiday entitlement: 20 days and 8 statutory
Urgent Requirement – Immediate Start
Do you have a hands on approach to maintenance, security and health and safety? Do you want to work in a historic building in a beautiful and peaceful rural setting, with the opportunity to make an impact on its restoration? Working alongside the housekeeper you will form part of the domestic staff and be responsible for the security of this historic estate and the properties within the grounds.
Hall Steward- The Role:
We are looking for a Hall Steward, to focus on the maintenance, security and health & safety of a Grade II listed property and its grounds. This is a long-term position that requires a flexible, responsive and high-quality approach. There will be frequent communication with the owner of the property to report back on the condition of the property and the grounds.
A proactive approach to security is required ensuring the property is locked up and properly secured every day.
As part of this role you will work alongside third-party and internal staff, to provide a general caretaking, cleaning and gardening service and any maintenance/small repair work that may be required. This is a varied opportunity and thorough training with be provided. You would be required to be on call 24 hours a day but having time off in the day whilst remaining on call. This role would suit somebody looking for a quiet life in a beautiful setting. A small property is available which is attached to the main hall.
Hall Steward- Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain health & safety and good fire precautions at the hall
- Report any deficiencies within the hall or its grounds
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Housekeeper, Gardener, Pest Control, Woodsperson, Plumber, Electrician, Lock Smith, Painter and Joiner for ongoing hall maintenance and repairs
- Open up the house daily and also lock up
- Carry out risk assessments
Hall Steward- Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate should have experience in maintenance with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- You must also have the ability to multitask and possess the physical capability to engage in manual labour
- SIA security license desirable but not essential
- DBS checked with a track record of checkable work history and references
- This person should be self-motivated and enthusiastic and capable of working alone, whilst prioritising their workload
- Whilst no specific qualifications are required a background in the military, police / law enforcement, construction, building, maintenance or engineering would be an advantage
- A full, valid driving licence is required
To submit your CV for thisHall Stewardopportunity, please click “Apply” now.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Keywords: Caretaker, Cleaner, Facilities Person, Facilities Officer, Maintenance Person, Grounds Person, Handyman, Site Supervisor, Butler, Military, Police, Security Guard, Live-In Staff, Hall Steward
- Construction, Maintenance